Your skin is the largest organ in your body. It is also your primary defense against infection and injury. If your skin has lesions, breaks, your body is susceptible to invading bacteria and virus that can cause illness. The surface is also rich in nerve endings, helping you feel pain, temperature, and pressure that can save you from injury.
When you’re out under the sun, it helps you cool down by releasing sweat and dilate capillaries to help lower down your blood’s temperature. At the same time, it also helps prevent dehydration by keeping moisture inside your body.
Another great function of your skin is its ability to produce Vitamin D. Your bones need Vitamin D to transport and utilize calcium as well as maintain other bodily functions.
Why do you need to keep your skin healthy?
Imagine the infection and all the ailments you will feel if your skin is always rough, dry, and irritated. When your skin suffers, lesions or breaks on your skin occur, which makes your body vulnerable for microbial invasion. An infected wound can lead to loss of limb due to gangrene, or worse, sepsis.
Healthy skin also gives you that bright, clear complexion that is ageless and eye-catching. You don’t need to spend a lot on concealing products to hide blemishes to give you that perfect look. Also, when you take time to watch out for your skin from the inside out, you’ll slow down the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
How to cleanse and detox with activated charcoal soap
Every day you expose your skin to harsh elements. UV rays, air pollution, air conditioning, and even the clothes you wear. They can leave residue on your skin which may cause an inflammatory reaction. The sad part is, the effect is cumulative. The more you expose your skin to damage, the more it will become susceptible to blemishes. To use your activated charcoal:
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Scrub Actinera® Charcoal Dead Sea Mud Bar directly on to your skin to create a thick lather. Do not use loofa, puff, or washcloth since the soap is enough to provide gentle exfoliation on your skin.
- Scrub and massage on to your skin for a good minute or two. Don’t take too long or the active charcoal will strip out all the oil on your skin’s surface.
- When you use activated charcoal soap on your face, rub with gentle circular strokes, concentrating on the T-zone.
- Rinse with lukewarm water to wash out all the dirt and grime. Finish with a splash of tepid water to seal your pores and gently pat dry if not using any other skin cleansing routine.
- Use every 2-3 days to prevent dryness.
Activated charcoal is highly recognized in Ayurveda practice. It’s known for its adsorptive quality that draws out deep-seated dirt and toxins from your skin like a super magnet. Unlike other cleansers that keep the dirt on the surface of your skin, activated charcoal binds them on its porous surface. As an inert material, it that does not react to heavy metals that cause an imbalance on your skin’s microbiome.
Scrubbing your face with activated charcoal from head to toe allows you to cleanse and detoxify every inch of your skin. It’s a great alternative if you have sensitive skin and cannot use an activated charcoal body scrub. Using Actinera® Charcoal Dead Sea Mud Bar is an excellent way to prep your skin for other skin care regimen. It contains organic oils as well as Dead Sea mineral mud to helps maintain your skin’s elasticity.
Have you tried using Actinera® Charcoal Dead Sea Mud Bar? How did your skin feel after use? Please share your experience at the comment section below!